Hunter Killer film release delayed in Russia

The Russian release of Hollywood action film Hunter Killer, in which US soldiers save a Russian president during a coup, has been postponed.

The distributor, Megogo Distribution, asked cinemas not to show the film hours before the premiere, saying it had not received a screening licence.

Russia’s culture ministry, which issues licences, said the company had provided an incomplete package of documents.

Some reports suggested the release was delayed due to its content.

The thriller, starring Scottish actor Gerard Butler, tells the story of a team of US Navy Seals who rescue a Russian president taken hostage by his rogue defence ministry, thus averting a global war.

In a Facebook post, Russian opposition politician Dmitry Gudkov wrote that Moscow was not keen on the plot’s hypothetical scenario suggesting that President Vladimir Putin – who has been in power for years – could be ousted.

Earlier this year, Russia banned British comedy The Death of Stalin, with officials complaining that the picture contained “ideological warfare” and “extremism”.

What did the distributor say?

In a letter, Megogo Distribution said that “at the moment we still do not have any response from the culture ministry” about the screening licence, Russia’s industry outlet Film Distributor Bulletin reported.

Megogo Distribution said this was despite the fact that all the materials and documents regarding Hunter Killer had been submitted well in advance, and the ministry previously had no objections to the film’s release.

A representative of Russia’s Luxor cinema chain told the BBC that the company had received the distributor’s letter about the delay.

The representative added that the screening licence could be issued on Friday.

What about the Culture Ministry’s position?

Representatives were quoted as saying that the distributor did not show confirmation that it had transferred a copy of the film “for permanent storage in the Russian state film fund [archive]”.

This is a key pre-requisite for obtaining a screening licence.

Hunter Killer was released in the US last month.

I won’t renew my contract with Zylofon —Stonebwoy

Stonebwoy, after more than a year of signing to Zylofon Music, says he has no plans of renewing the contract.

Born Livingstone Etse Satekla, the dancehall artiste said the contract that was signed in June 2017 would not be extended because he was not happy at the label.

The Ashiaman-based artiste joined highlife musician, Kumi Guitar, and singer, Becca, who were earlier signed by the media and entertainment outfit.

Gospel musician, Joyce Blessing, rapper Obibini and dancehall act, Shatta Wale, joined the label after that.

His time at Zylofon Music hasn’t been without drama. There was a nasty incident at the Champs Bar at Paloma in March this year where Stonebwoy fired a warning shot and Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson (Bulldog) allegedly tried to seize the dancehall act’s car keys.

Asked in an interview if he was happy at Zylofon Music, Stonebwoy swiftly responded “no.”

He noted that Zylofon Music has good intentions but all is not well at the label.

The ‘Baafira’ hitmaker revealed that he had wanted to opt out of the contract but some of the issues were resolved so he had to stay.

Even though Stonebwoy won’t still disclose how long the deal was signed for, he said he believed strongly that some people at Zylofon Media always wanted him out of the deal.

When asked what his relationship with Bulldog, Head of Artists and Repertoire (A&R) at Zylofon Music, is, he said there was no bond.

He said “I don’t have a friendly” relationship with Bulldog neither is there a working relationship with him.

Stonebwoy disclosed that when his contract was over, “I will like to exit” unless there is something they can work on.

The dancehall act noted that one can’t see poison and drink it.

Meanwhile, Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson, popularly known as Bulldog, has refuted reports suggesting that Zylofon Music does not like dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy.

According to him, the dancehall artiste may have personal issues with some people on the music label but that does not imply Zylofon Music does not like him.

Bulldog, who is Artiste Manager and Head of Zylofon Music, was reacting to revelations by Artiste Manager and Entertainment critic, Mr Logic, that R. Kelly and Teddy Riley had sent messages that they wanted to collaborate with Stonebwoy, who is signed to Zylofon Music.

Mr Logic disclosed that Willie Roi, who is Artiste & Repertoire (A&R) Manager at Zylofon Music, refused to pass on that information to Stonebwoy and his management.

Yvonne Nelson celebrates her baby’s first birthday

Actress Yvonne Nelson has organised a birthday party for  her first child, Ryn Roberts.

Baby Ryn turned a year old today (Monday, October 29) and Yvonne Nelson like many mothers, celebrated her birthday in a grand style.

Jamie Roberts, Ryn’s father, joined the celebration with many other celebrities, including  John Dumelo, Yvonne Okoro, Trigmatic, Prince David Osei, and Sammy Forson .

Moesha Boduong Buys A New Range Rover

It seems after Sarkodie jabbing Shatta Wale in his diss song that his whole bank account can’t even afford a brand new Range Rover Vogue, celebrities have started buying that car to prove their worth as Ghanaian actress and socialite, Moesha Boduong, has also bought herself a brand-new Range Rover Evoque.

In a short video that has gone viral on social media, the socialite is captured walking towards her car to take a ride and it seems Moesha have put in lots of work this year and she’s proven that ‘hardwork’ really pays.

The actress has been in the news for both good and bad reasons in recent times but she looks to be moving on just fine.

Some months back she became the object of scrutiny when she suggested that Ghanaian women need to depend on rich men if they are to be successful.

She was heavily criticized for her utterances, which led to the actress subsequently rendering an unqualified apology to the public.

In that interview, she confidently confessed that she was sleeping with another woman’s husband because she can’t make enough money in Ghana’s economy.

Wendy Shay suffers wardrobe malfunction at concert

Afro-pop singer Wendy Shay gave patrons of the BF Suma concert more than they bargained when she suffered a wardrobe malfunction during her set.

The patrons got an eyeful during the performance of her hit song titled Bedroom Commando.

The 22-year-old drew loud cheers from the crowd at the Fantasy Dome on Saturday night after a male performer assisted her to remove a purple wrap, revealing a shimmering onesie.

However, the neckline of the onesie had plunged even lower leaving her cleavage exposed.

She quickly turned around to shift her costume upwards to cover her breasts.

Shay joins a long list of musicians to have suffered such incidents of which perhaps the most famous is Janet Jackson.

In February 2004, Janet suffered a mishap during a controversial halftime show in which her breast, adorned with a nipple shield, was exposed by Justin Timberlake for about half a second, in what was later referred to as Nipplegate.

Some female artists to suffer such mishaps include Lily Allen, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga.

 

Tracy Chapman sues Nicki Minaj for copyright infringement

Rapper Nicki Minaj might have some apologizing to do over her song “Sorry.”

Minaj has been sued by folk singer Tracy Chapman for copyright infringement, relating to the song “Sorry,” which Chapman alleges incorporates the lyrics and vocal melody from her song “Baby, Can I Hold You” without permission.

In the suit, obtained by CNN, Chapman claims Minaj and her representatives began reaching out in June 2018 about using the song, but Chapman denied their request, which was made after Minaj had recorded the song for her album “Queen.”

“Sorry” was not included on “Queen,” which released in August.

According to Chapman’s suit, Minaj, however, provided a copy of the song to a popular New York DJ at HOT 97, a hip-hop radio station. Chapman claims the DJ subsequently promoted the song’s release on his social media channels and played it on air.

Minaj has not responded to the suit. But the suit does make mention of a now-deleted tweet from Minaj in which — prior to her album’s release — acknowledged struggling with whether or not to keep the song on her album, as doing so would have delayed “Queen’s” release.

Grammy-winner Chapman, who was a staple of the late ’80s and ’90s music scene, is best known for her songs “Fast Car” and “Give Me One Reason.”

1 19 20 21